James Gunn DC Slate Revealed: Superman, Batman, Inexperienced Lantern
Superman, Batman and two Inexperienced Lanterns will function prominently within the newly reimagined DC Universe, a shared, overarching storyline mixing movies, tv, animation, video games, and extra, all below the watchful eyes of DC Studios presidents James Gunn and Peter Safran.
Monday, the pair spoke to a room of journalists on the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, CA to disclose the (seemingly) first 10 initiatives within the first a part of a two-chapter, 8-10 yr overarching storyline. The primary a part of chapter one—of which these new motion pictures and TV exhibits make up—is being known as “Gods and Monsters” and it formally kicks off July 11, 2025 with Superman: Legacy, a model new live-action Superman movie, after which all DC content material will happen in the identical canon. (DC content material that’s not a part of the DCU shall be labeled “Elseworlds.”)
There will even be a Inexperienced Lantern TV present referred to as Lanterns, a Booster Gold present, a Swamp Factor film, Supergirl, Amazons—oh, and a brand new Batman film. Impressed by Grant Morrison’s widespread run, The Courageous and the Daring will function each Bruce Wayne as Batman and Damian Wayne as Robin. However these are only a few examples of what’s coming. Click on by to examine all 10 initiatives, with quotes from Gunn and Safran, or click on under to leap forward.
- Inventive Commandos (An animated HBO Max present)
- Waller (A live-action HBO Max present)
- Superman: Legacy (Theatrical movie)
- Lanterns (A live-action HBO Max present)
- The Authority (Theatrical movie)
- Paradise Misplaced (A live-action HBO Max present)
- The Courageous and the Daring (Theatrical movie)
- Booster Gold (A live-action HBO Max present)
- Supergirl: Lady of Tomorrow (Theatrical movie)
- Swamp Factor (Theatrical movie)
(Word: All photographs had been particularly offered by DC Studios as reference.)